[R] creating character vector

Eik Vettorazzi E.Vettorazzi at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 14 20:12:13 CET 2011

Hi Jim,
this may be barking up the wrong tree, but

create  <-function(...) paste(substitute(list(...)))[-1]
createl  <-function(...) {
 tmp<-list(...)
 names(tmp)<-create(...)
 tmp
}

#eg
a<-1:4
b<-letters[2:6]
createl(a,b)

works. But I can't imagine that a named list is the one and only useful
data type for your problem.

--
Eik Vettorazzi

Department of Medical Biometry and Epidemiology
University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf

Martinistr. 52
20246 Hamburg

T ++49/40/7410-58243
F ++49/40/7410-57790