[R] Data Frame Variable Names

Gerrit Eichner Gerrit.Eichner at math.uni-giessen.de
Tue Mar 15 09:04:08 CET 2011

Hello, Indrajit,

a "quick and dirty" solution could be to loop over the names of the
relevant variables of the data frame (in your case over the first three
variables) and use "[[ ]]" for indexing:

for (i in names( df)[ 1:3]) {
  z <- glm( df[[ i]] ~ df$Independent1)
  print( z)
  }

An output that is a little bit more informative w. r. t. the actually used
model formula is obtained by

for( i in names( df)[ 1:3]) {
  modelform <- formula( paste( i, "~ Independent1"))
  z <- eval( substitute( lm( f, data = airquality),
                         list( f = modelform) ))
  print( z)
  }

Hth,