[R] Keyboard Input

Jonathan P Daily jdaily at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 15 15:29:02 CET 2011

I apologize for being unclear in my original post. What I am trying to
achieve is to capture the stdin() connection and read in a single
keystroke - including arrow keys and the like - without having to have to
use the return key each time. My goal is to create a small UI for rapidly
looking through the results of a large simulation. As I think about it
more, though, it is probably going to be easier to dump the data into
files and look through it outside of R.

Thanks anyways,

Jon
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly