[R] Does R have a "const object"?

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Wed Mar 16 04:47:41 CET 2011

Actually, you can do this using locked bindings.  Look at ?lockBinding

Locked bindings are how namespaces get const function definitions, and
active bindings (on the same help page) are how R CMD check notices
that you are using T and F when you mean TRUE and FALSE.

   -thomas

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM,  <rex.dwyer at syngenta.com> wrote:
> Cheer up! R is a step closer to that concept than the old FORTRAN compilers that couldn't even guarantee that 37 was a constant if used repeatedly in a subroutine call.

Thomas Lumley
Professor of Biostatistics
University of Auckland