[R] how to set the starting value in lme

Daniel Kaschek daniel.kaschek at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 16 12:40:11 CET 2011

Hi Jia,

in order to test if the failing parameter estimation really has to do
with wrong initial values, you could first simulate data with your mixed
effects model. Just assume parameters, produce a data set with these
parameters, add noise and look if you can estimate the parameters
correctly with varying initial guesses.