[R] R² for non-linear model

Alexx Hardt mikrowelle1234 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 16 19:42:36 CET 2011

Am 16.03.2011 19:34, schrieb Anna Gretschel:
> Am 16.03.2011 19:21, schrieb Alexx Hardt:
>> And to be on-topic: Anna, as far as I know anova's are only useful to
>> compare a submodel (e.g. with one less regressor) to another model.
>>
> thanks! i don't get it either what they mean by fortune...

It's an R-package (and a pdf [1]) with collected quotes from the mailing
list.
Be careful with the suggestion to use AIC. If you wanted to compare two
models using AICs, you need the same distribution (that is,
Verteilungsannahme) in both models.
To my knowledge, there is no way to "compare" a gaussian model to an
exponential one (except common sense), but my knowledge is very limited.

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/fortunes/vignettes/fortunes.pdf

--
alexx at alexx-fett:~$ vi .emacs