[R] som package: the "code" of som.train (what is it?)

Nesnàju alediludo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:45:03 CET 2011

Hi to all, I am new in the forum, and also in using R (with Rkward in
Kubuntu).
I have a little problem with the som package: I do the first steps (som.init
and som), but when I have to do the train

[ som.train(data, code, xdim, ydim, alpha=NULL, alphaType="inverse",
neigh="gaussian", topol="rect", radius=NULL, rlen=NULL, err.radius=1,
inv.alp.c=NULL) ]

I cannot understand what I have to write in the place of "code".
I'm sorry if my doubt seems non comprehensible to someone, but I am not an
expert in maths, nor in programming.
Thanks to all for the help.