[R] How to draw a map of Europe?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 20 02:17:27 CET 2011

> Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 19:32:43 -0500
> From: shali623 at gmail.com
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] How to draw a map of Europe?
>
> Hi R users,
>
> I need to draw a map of select European countries with country names shown
> on the map. Does anyone know how to do this in R?
>
> Also, is it possible to draw a historical map of European countries using R?

This came up on this list a while ago and I was just using that example
for some work I'm doing but I have only copied what was posted
and added minor things to it. I can't give you actual answer
but you are probably just a few key words away from a google searhc.
 The term you are probably looking for
is "shapefile." Try that on google. For example,

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=shapefile+cran+europe

turns up things that may help.