[R] Finding Imported Packages

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Mar 20 18:08:12 CET 2011

On 20.03.2011 17:38, Derek Ogle wrote:
> Is there a function similar to pkgDepends() that returns the packages that a particular package imports or imports from?  I believe I can get this information from the matrix returned from installed.packages() but something like pkgDepends() would be more convenient.
>
> I did not find anything useful in my search of the R-help archives (my search string may have been poorly chosen), my use of ??import, or my (hoped for) use of ?pkgImports.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

You are probably looking for tools:::.package_dependencies()
which can show particular kinds of dependencies, reverse dependencies
and recursive versions of both.

> p.s., For what it is worth I am using Windows and R version 12.2-1.

Congratulations, you are decades or perhaps centuries in the future.
Hence I cannot guarantee the above mentioned function still exists.
Actually, I guess you are on R-2.12.1 or R-2.12.2 ...

Uwe Ligges