[R] predicting values from multiple regression

Anna Lee ana-lee at web.de
Sun Mar 20 19:54:33 CET 2011

Hey List,

I did a multiple regression and my final model looks as follows:

model9<-lm(calP ~ nsP + I(st^2) + distPr + I(distPr^2))

Now I tried to predict the values for calP from this model using the
following function:

xv<-seq(0,89,by=1)
yv<-predict(model9,list(distPr=xv,st=xv,nsP=xv))

The predicted values are however strange. Now I do not know weather
just the model does not fit the data (actually all coefficiets are
significant and the plot(model) shows a good shape) or wether I did
something wrong with my prediction command. Does anyone have an
idea???

--

Thanks a lot, Anna