[R] problem with xyplot

askh akhasanova at nawaz.org
Sun Mar 20 21:06:16 CET 2011

Hi all,

I am having a problem using xyplot from lattice library. I am plotting one
variable against another one, conditioning on two other variablesm one of
which has 3 levels and the other 6 levels. The output is thus a 6x3 panel
plot. Here's my code:

print((xyplot(CloDurPercent[CloDurNA != 'NA' & Mscor<3.5]~ConsDur[CloDurNA
!= 'NA' & Mscor<3.5]|Pos*ConsId, data = Stops, pch = '.'))

One of the panels is not plotting the data in it -- it remains blank. I
first thought that I had some problem with this particular data subset but
no, when I reordered levels and plotted the data again, a different subset
is not showing up in the same panel as before. This is the outcome whether I
print on the Quartz device or save the plot to a .ps file.  What's going on?
Is there some hardware/software interaction problem? I am using R 1.14 on
MacOS X 10.3.9.

Thanks,

alina