[R] help regarding RPostgreSQL and R 2.12.2

Shaunak Bangale Shaunak.Bangale at mu-sigma.com
Mon Mar 21 08:50:30 CET 2011

Prof Ripley,
Thanks for the first reply. Yes, I am using windows xp.
The problem that I am facing is:
I want to use RPostgreSQL and xtable packages together.
R 2.11.1 has RPostgreSQL but not xtable.  R 2.12.2 has xtable but not RPostgreSQL.
I suppose there should be some way to use RPostgreSQL with R 2.12.2.
Sorry if I am sounding naïve, but How do I do the compilation that you just mentioned?
With your suggestion I went through RW-FAQs , posting guide.
I ended up at the this page: http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.12/ReadMe
That says: ' Packages related to many database system must be linked to the exact
version of the database system the user has installed, hence it does
not make sense to provide binaries for packages '
PostgreSQL 9.0 is installed on my system which I am trying to integrate with R 2.12.2.
Please throw some light on what can be done.

Thanks
Shaunak