[R] Kendall v MannKendall Functions

armstrwa William.Armstrong at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 21 22:16:16 CET 2011

Hi,

I am running a correlation analysis on a temporal dataset.  I was wondering
if you would receive the same tau and p values running the function:

MannKendall(x), where x is the dependant variable that changes with time

 as you would running:

 Kendall(d,x), where x is the exact same dataset as the x entered into
MannKendall and d is the date on which the observation was made (assuming
that the order is the same as the data I entered into the Kendall function).

Can anyone elucidate this for me?

Thanks.

Billy