[R] Basic Looping Trouble

armstrwa William.Armstrong at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 21 22:28:32 CET 2011

Hi all,

Forgive me for this basic question.  I've been doing some research and
haven't been able to figure out how to best do this yet.

I have 75 variables defined as vector time series.  I am trying to create a
script to automate calculations on each of these variables, but I wasn't
sure how to go about calling variables in a script.

I am hoping to write a loop that calls a list of variable names and runs
several tests using each of the datasets I have entered.

For example, say I have a defined 5 variables: var1, var2,...var5.  How
could I create a script that would run, say, a MannKendall correlation test
on each variable?

Thank you very much, and again, sorry for the rudimentary question.

Billy