[R] memory increasing

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 17:27:41 CET 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:06 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2011, at 10:17 AM, graziella wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> I am an Italian researcher in Economics. I work with large sample
>> data. I
>> need to increase the memory in R-project in order to upload a file
>> ".dta".
>> How can I do this?
>>

> http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=read+stata&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions

Sometimes I fail to read questions carefully. You want to "increase
memory" but have not indicated your system information. If this is on
Windows there is an RW-FAQ question on that point.

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#There-seems-to-be-a-limit-on-the-memory-it-uses_0021

If that does not address your question fully, then read the Posting
Guide.

>> Thank you.
>> graziella

David Winsemius, MD