[R] affymetrix human gene 1.0 st gene level

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:46:53 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Unger, Kristian, Dr.
<unger at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I recently got some affymetrix human gene 1.0 st array. I only get out the probe level data and I wonder if there is a function that is able to average the probe level data for each gene?

In the WGCNA package we have a function called collapseRows that can
either form say a mean or  take a representative probe (probeset) for
each gene. See help(collapseRows) after installing and loading WGCNA.
Note though that you need to supply information about which probes
represent each gene.

HTH,

Peter