[R] R(D)COM through network

Bart Joosen bartjoosen at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:08:37 CET 2011

Hi,

I have written a script which read in a data file, process the data, and
then makup a report with the aid of the R2wd package.

This works pretty well on my machine, but instead of installing R and
R(D)COM on every computer in our network, I was thinking about installing
the programs on 1 unused PC, and running the script on that PC.

Is it possible to make a call to that PC, run the program, and get back a
word document?

Here an example script (taken from the R2wd package):
wdGet()
wdTitle("R2wd, A Package for writing Word Documents from R",label="R2wd")
wdSection("Introduction")
wdBody("This is an example on how to use the R2wd package.")
wdSave("MyDoc")
wdQuit()

I'm now already using RScript with a few parameters to read in the right
datafile.
And I'm using Windows XP on my PC

Thanks for your time

Bart