[R] R CMD build creates tar file instead of tar.gz file

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:48:29 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Ian Schiller
<Ian.Schiller at clinepi.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt answer Mr. Ripley.  It appears the version of tar I'm using is exactly the same as the one included in the latest Rtools.  I noticed that the Rtools/bin directory was not first in path, so I corrected this.  However, I'm still not able to create a tar.gz file with the R CMD build command.   Then my question would be the following.  If I submit my package to CRAN do you know if it needs to be tar.gz or will a tar file be accepted?

A couple of things to try:

- try re-installing Rtools and R
- put Rcmd.bat from http://batchfiles.googlecode.com on your path and
then try re-building
Rcmd.bat build mypackage

Rcmd.bat will automatically find R and certain other files from the
registry and temporarily set certain environment variables that may
compensate for a mis-configured system.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.