[R] hacking lattice::panel.violin was Re: Colour makes my life; but not my bwplot (panel.violin)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 19:43:35 CET 2011

I don't really know.  I'm not at Deepayan's level by any stretch of
the imagination. When I was reading the help pages and reading archive
postings regarding bwplot/violin it seemed that Deepayan thought the
groups arguments for those functions were not as he would have
desired. I noted early that the code for coloring in panel.violin
didn't have an index.  I thought I might get a working solution
running when I was in his Lattice book in the themes section, but
eventually returned again to the code and resorted to the hack of
adding indexing to the gp(col) argument. I'm not skilled enough to
know whether it will break other code or introduce unwanted side-
effects.

--
David.