[R] Garchoxfit package

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Mon Mar 28 10:42:56 CEST 2011

Dear Ning,

are you referring to the deprecated function garchOxFit() of the package fGarch, formerly contained in fSeries? If so:

library(sos)
findFn("garchOxFit")

which yields:

	http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/fGarch/html/00fGarch-package.html

And there you will find at the bottom of the page:

OX Interface

NOTE: garchOxFit is no longer part of fGarch package. If you are interested to use, please contact us.

contains a Windows interface to OX.

The function garchOxFit interfaces a subset of the functionality of the G at ARCH 4.0 Package written in Ox. G at RCH 4.0 is one of the most sophisticated packages for modelling univariate GARCH processes including GARCH, EGARCH, GJR, APARCH, IGARCH, FIGARCH, FIEGARCH, FIAPARCH and HYGARCH models. Parameters can be estimated by approximate (Quasi-) maximum likelihood methods under four assumptions: normal, Student-t, GED or skewed Student-t errors.

Furthermore, do you have Ox installed on your PC?

	http://www.doornik.com/products.html

Best,
Bernhard