[R] Degrees of freedom for lm in logLik and AIC

Rubén Roa rroa at azti.es
Mon Mar 28 16:03:04 CEST 2011

However, shouldn't _free parameters_ only be counted for degrees of freedom and for calculation of AIC?
The sigma parameter is profiled out in a least-squares linear regression, so it's not free, it's not a dimension of the likelihood.
Just wondering ...

Dr. Rubén Roa-Ureta
AZTI - Tecnalia / Marine Research Unit
Txatxarramendi Ugartea z/g