[R] Problems installing fPortfolioSolver

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 28 17:23:04 CEST 2011

On 28.03.2011 15:58, Luis Felipe Parra wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to install fPortfolioSolver using the following commands
> and I am getting the following error:
>> filename
> [1]
> "C:\\Users\\Hp\\Documents\\R\\win-library\\2.12\\fPortfolioSolver_271.75.tar.gz"
>>
>> install.packages(filename,  type="source", repos=NULL)
>

> ERROR: dependencies 'fEcofin', 'RlpSolve', 'RlpSolveAPI', 'Rsymphony',
> 'Ripop', 'Rdonlp2' are not available for package 'fPortfolioSolver'
> * removing 'C:/Users/Hp/Documents/R/win-library/2.12/fPortfolioSolver'
> Mensajes de aviso perdidos
>
> Does somebody know what might be going on?

The dependencies are missing and since you are not using a repository
that provides the otehr dependencies, you will have to install them
prior to the fPortfolioSolver isntallation.

Probably easier to use an internet connection with a repository and ask
R to install from such a complete repository.

Uwe Ligges