[R] Problems installing fPortfolioSolver

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 21:37:55 CEST 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Luis Felipe Parra wrote:

> Thank you. The problem is that I tryed to use the repository
> provided in
> R-forge and it didn't work.

"tryed to use", "didn't work"  ... you did not provide console output
so the source of that failre cannot be identified.

> Do you know by any chance a repository where I
> could find this package?

"this package" (specifically meaning only fPortfolioSolver_271.75)  IS
on r-forge:

http://r-forge.r-project.org/src/contrib/fPortfolioSolver_271.75.tar.gz

You might need to install the dependencies one by one (at least some
of which are on CRAN while others are on r-forge) and when that task
is completed,  go to the r-forge repo to finish the job.  (All of
which assumes you have RTools properly installed.)

--
David.

> 2011/3/28 Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
>
>> On 28.03.2011 15:58, Luis Felipe Parra wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I am trying to install fPortfolioSolver using the following
>>> commands
>>> and I am getting the following error:

>>> [1]
>>>
>>> "C:\\Users\\Hp\\Documents\\R\\win-library\\2.12\
>>> \fPortfolioSolver_271.75.tar.gz"

>>> ERROR: dependencies 'fEcofin', 'RlpSolve', 'RlpSolveAPI',
>>> 'Rsymphony',
>>> 'Ripop', 'Rdonlp2' are not available for package 'fPortfolioSolver'
>>> * removing 'C:/Users/Hp/Documents/R/win-library/2.12/
>>> fPortfolioSolver'
>>> Mensajes de aviso perdidos
>>>
>>> Does somebody know what might be going on?
>>>

>> The dependencies are missing and since you are not using a
>> repository that
>> provides the otehr dependencies, you will have to install them
>> prior to the
>> fPortfolioSolver isntallation.
>>
>> Probably easier to use an internet connection with a repository and
>> ask R
>> to install from such a complete repository.
>>
>> Uwe Ligges
>>

>>> thank you
>>>
>>> Felipe Parra
>>>
>>>       [[alternative HTML version deleted]]