[R] rtree() distances between tips as n by n matrix?

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 29 04:39:47 CEST 2011

?cophenetic

Cheers,

Simon.

On 29/03/11 10:27, Ben Bolker wrote:
> Brian Pellerin<brianpatrickpellerin<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>

>> If I generate a random tree with n=10 tips as rtree(n=10) say, is there a
>> way to have the distances between all tips put into a n by n matrix?
>>

>    You should probably send this to the r-sig-phylo (phylogenetics)
> special interest group mailing list rather than the general R help
> list; most of the people here have no idea that you're talking about
> the random tree generating function from the ape package ...
>
>    Ben Bolker

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat, AStat
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au
http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsblomb/

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem

Statistics is the grammar of science - Karl Pearson.