[R] error in nls, step factor reduced below minFactor

Keith Jewell k.jewell at campden.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:58:09 CEST 2011

?nls.control
      warnOnly a logical specifying whether nls() should return instead of
signalling an error in the case of termination before convergence.
Termination before convergence happens upon completion of maxiter
iterations, in the case of a singular gradient, and in the case that the
step-size factor is reduced below minFactor.

hope that helps

Keith J

news:4D9143CA.6060301 at ucalgary.ca...