[R] Fatal error: unable to restore saved dat in .RData

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Wed Mar 30 04:29:52 CEST 2011

Windows 7
R 2.12.2

When I launch R, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: unable to restore saved dat in .RData

after which R closes.

What does the error message mean, and what can I do to get R to work?  I tried removing the R program, re-downloaded the program, and re-installed the program. I still get the error message.
Thanks,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}