[R] Fatal error: unable to restore saved dat in .RData

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Mar 30 04:48:42 CEST 2011

1) Remove (the probably corrupted) .RData file.
 and/or

2) Start R with the
--no-restore
option, which will not try to load a saved .Rdata file on start up.

e.g. on Windows (?? you did not tell us your OS as requested):

"[path to Rgui.exe]" --no-restore

(Note: no spaces in  --no-restore)

If that doesn't work, start R with the --vanilla   option.

Read the Help file on "Startup" for what happens on startup for
further diagnosis.

-- Bert