[R] RWeka - adding weights to a dataset

fjpcaballero at gmail.com fjpcaballero at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 05:08:33 CEST 2011

Hello, I was wondering what would be the easiest way to append weights to a dataset in RWeka.

Ideally, I'd like to have something like:

m <- LogitBoost(Species ~ ., data=iris, weights = myweights)

But that, as far as I understand, it is not implemented and I'd need to use a workaround.

I know that when programming Weka in Java it is possible to assign weights to instances using the setWeight, but I don't know exactly what would be the easiest way to do it. I was thinking about implementing a filter in Weka that does the job and then use FilteredClassifier, but maybe there is a way to do it in R.

Thanks