[R] fonts in mosaic

Henrique Dallazuanna wwwhsd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:42:55 CEST 2011

Try this:

windowsFonts(calibri = windowsFont("Calibri"))

mosaic(UCBAdmissions, labeling_args = list(
  gp_labels = gpar(fontsize = 12, fontfamily = "calibri"),
  gp_varnames = gpar(fontsize = 16, fontfamily = "calibri")
))

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Erich Neuwirth
<erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at> wrote:
> Achim
> I simply want to replace the font R uses on mosaic (whatever it is)
> by a font of my choice (say Calibri or Arial)
> because I need to embed the R charts in a PowerPoint
> presentation and want the fonts to match.
> And I want the most simple way of accomplishing this.
> I worked my way through the strucplot vignette,
> but I could not extract enough information there.
> Is there some information about the proper font names
> to use in R?
>

>> Personally, I simply change the size of the device I'm plotting on. When
>> I plot on a large device, the fonts will be relatively smaller, and vice
>> > versa. This is what I do when including graphics in PDF files (papers,
>> > slides, reports, etc.).
>> >
>> > For fine control, you can set the arguments of the labeling function
>> > employed. ?strucplot shows that the default is ?labeling_border which
>> > has several arguments. For example you can set the graphical parameters
>> > of the labels (gp_labels) or the graphical parameters of the variable
>> > names (gp_varnames). Both arguments take ?gpar lists ("grid" graphical
>> > parameters). For example you may do

Henrique Dallazuanna
Curitiba-Paraná-Brasil
25° 25' 40" S 49° 16' 22" O