[R] statistical question

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 31 11:26:56 CEST 2011

The default rank test in the quantreg package would look like this

summary(rq(y ~ d, tau = .5))

where d is a factor variable indicating which sample the elements of
y belonged to.  Summary returns a confidence interval for the coef
of the factor variable -- if this interval excludes zero at the chosen
alpha level then the difference in medians is "significant."

Roger Koenker
rkoenker at illinois.edu