[R] VECM with UNRESTRICTED TREND

Grzegorz Konat grzegorz.konat at ibrkk.pl
Thu Mar 31 15:19:30 CEST 2011

The code you gave me works fine with Finland, but the same for my data -
does not!
I do:

library(urca)
data(my.data)
dat1 <- my.data[, c("dY", "X", "dM")]
trend <- matrix(1:nrow(dat1), ncol = 1)
colnames(trend) <- "trd"
yxm.vecm <- ca.jo(dat1, type = "trace", ecdet = "const", K = 2, spec =
"longrun", dumvar = trend)

and the result is again:

Error in r[i1, , drop = FALSE] - r[-nrow(r):-(nrow(r) - lag + 1L), , drop =
FALSE] :
  non-numeric argument to binary operator

I attach my dataset in xls format. If you have 5 minutes and wish to check
it out, I'd be extremely grateful!

Best,
Greg