[R] another statistical question

Anna Lee ana-lee at web.de
Thu Mar 31 15:46:46 CEST 2011

Dear List!

I have a unverse (basic population) which is not normally distributed.
Now from this universe I take some subsets. Each subset is normally
distributed within itself. I now want to compare the subsets and see
if they differ significantly. So what is my assumption - normal
distributed data and therefore comparison of means, or non normal
distributed data and therefore comparison of medians?

Cheers, Anna
--

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Sollte Ihnen die E-Mail
irrtümlich zugesandt worden sein, bitte ich Sie, mich unverzüglich zu

This e-mail is confidential. If you have received it in error, please
notify me immediately and delete it from your system.