[R] read password-protected files

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:50:27 CEST 2011

Hi Tao,

There are a number of R packages to work with reading/writing Excel
files (e.g., xlsReadWrite).  If Excel is on the system in question, as
long as you have opened the file in Excel, you should be able to use
RODBC with  RDCOMClient or rcom, but I am not sure those will work if
it is password protected unless it is currently unlocked in Excel.

HTH,

Josh