[R] caret - prevent resampling when no parameters to find

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Mon May 2 00:51:28 CEST 2011

No, the sampling is done on rows. The definition of a bootstrap
(re)sample is one which is the same size as the original data but
taken with replacement. The "Accuracy SD" and "Kappa SD" columns give
you a sense of how the model performance varied across these bootstrap
data sets (i.e. they are not the same data set).

In the end, the original training set is used to fit the final model
that is used for prediction.

Max

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM, pdb <philb at philbrierley.com> wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> But in this example, it says the sample size is the same as the total number
> of samples, so unless the sampling is done by columns, wouldn't you get
> exactly the same model each time for logistic regression?
>
> ps - great package btw. I'm just beginning to explore its potential now.--

Max