[R] Copying to R a rectangular array from a Java class

Hurr hill0093 at umn.edu
Mon May 2 22:42:04 CEST 2011

I am happy to report that the author and maintainer of rJava informed me
that the 2-dim array in java needs sapply and .jevalArray as follows:

> conn2Arr    <- sapply(.jfield(rJavaTst,sig="[[D","con2Arr"),.jevalArray)
> conn2ArrRet <-
> sapply(.jcall(rJavaTst,returnSig="[[D","retCon2Arr"),.jevalArray)
> # I can't identify any complaints so far
> print(conn2Arr)
     [,1] [,2] [,3]
[1,]  101  201  301
[2,]  102  202  302
[3,]  103  203  303
[4,]  104  204  304
> print(conn2ArrRet)
[1,]  101  201  301
[2,]  102  202  302
[3,]  103  203  303
[4,]  104  204  304
 I know there are a few out there interested since I see I got a few views.
But, I don't know the solution to the parameter-passing problem yet.