[R] QQ plot for normality testing

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon May 2 22:50:39 CEST 2011

I would use the vis.test function along with vt.qqnorm (both in TeachingDemos package).  This will create several plots, one of which is your data, the rest are simulated normals with the same mean and standard deviation.  If you can tell which plot stands out (and it is your real data) then that suggests that the data is not normal.  If you cannot tell which plot is the real data then that suggests that your data is close enough to normal.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org