[R] adaptIntegrate - how to pass additional parameters to the integrand

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 3 13:17:05 CEST 2011

On 03.05.2011 06:43, HC wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use adaptIntegrate function but I need to pass on a few
> additional parameters to the integrand. However, this function seems not to
> have the flexibility of passing on such additional parameters.
>
> Am I missing something or this is a known limitation. Is there a good
> alternative to such restrictions, if there at all are?

Looks like you are talking about the cubature package rather than about
base R. Frr the latter question: Please ask the package maintainer
rather than the list. Ideally send him code to implement the requested
feature and the maintainer will probably add your code. Not all package
maintainers read R-help.

For an ad hoc solution:

Just use

adaptIntegrate(function(x, argA=a, argB=b) f(x, argA=argA, argB=argB),
......)

in order to set additional arguments for the function call.

Uwe Ligges