[R] Loading a FORTRAN DLL

vioravis vioravis at gmail.com
Tue May 3 20:55:12 CEST 2011

I have a FORTRAN DLL file obtained from Compaq Visual Fortran and when I try
to load the DLL into the R environment I get an error.

> dyn.load("my_function.dll")

"This application has failed to start because MSCVRTD.dll was not found.
Re-installing this application may fix the problem."

When I tried it again, the above error doesn't appear anymore. Instead, I
get the following error:

Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared library 'D://my_function.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

Do I need to have FORTRAN installed to be able to run the DLL file??? Can
someone please help me with what is causing this error???

Thank you.

Ravi