[R] Is this confict of different versions of R or something else?

TheSavageSam jujokopr at jyu.fi
Wed May 4 12:44:04 CEST 2011

Hello!

I have had some problems lately with use of R at home and school. At my home
laptop (Ubuntu linux 64bit & R-2.12.0) R works just fine. But when I take my
codes to school(Windows XP 32bit & R-2.10.1 I think) and run those there
those codes probably won't work. Functions as combinations() didn't work and
expand.grid() worked a bit differently. About expand.grid I just couldn't
pass a dataframe of parametres but I had to pass all the colums separately.

Is this because my university has so old version of R? Or is it because I am
using Linux at home? Or is it because some libraries aren't installed?
I like R very much, but if there is difference between R in different
operating systems, then I dislike that.

Can you give me some tips how to avoid these problems? Install latest R to
my university PC? I don't want to fall back at Windows users -category
anymore.

--
TheSavageSam