[R] Distance measure in heatmaps

Muhidini behrendt.l at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:27:48 CEST 2011

Hi,
First- I am relatively new to R and would therefore greatly appreciate any
kind of help from you !

I am currently trying to use R to make a heatmap using the Pheatmap package.

My question: I want to include a different distance measure than the ones
given by the implemented hclust function in the pheatmap package (such as
euclidean etc.). I have calculated a distance matrix somewhere else (unifrac
for those who are interested) and want to cluster my columns according to
this matrix. Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks for any kind of input
Muhidini