[R] Averaging uneven measurements by time with uneven numbers of measurements

Schatzi adele_thompson at cargill.com
Thu May 5 22:04:04 CEST 2011

I have a new device that takes measurements anywhere from every second, to
every 15 minutes (depending on changes). The matrix has a date, time and Y
column (Y is the measurement). For three days it is 25,000 rows. How do I
average the measurements by every 30 minutes so my matrix is 48 rows per
day? I have been working on this and cannot figure out a simple method. Any
ideas? Thank you.

-----
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not - Albert Einstein