[R] [caret package] [trainControl] supplying predefined partitions to train with cross validation

Fabon Dzogang fabon.dzogang at lip6.fr
Fri May 6 00:43:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I run R 2.11.1 under ubuntu 10.10 and caret version 2.88.

I use the caret package to compare different models on a dataset. In
order to compare their different performances I would like to use the
same data partitions for every models. I understand that using a LGOCV
or a boot type re-sampling method along with the "index" argument of
the trainControl function, one is able to supply a training partition
to the train function.

However, I would like to apply a 10-fold cross validation to validate
the models and I did not find any way to supply some predefined
partition (created with createFolds) in this setting. Any help ?

Thank you and great package by the way !

Fabon Dzogang.