[R] Averaging uneven measurements by time with uneven numbers of measurements

Adele_Thompson at cargill.com Adele_Thompson at cargill.com
Fri May 6 19:34:42 CEST 2011

Here is an example of what I would like to do:
meas = measurements
times = time of measurement
measf = measurements in final, reduced matrix
timesf = time of measurement in final matrix

meas<-runif(30)
times<-sort(runif(30))
inputmat<-cbind(times,meas)
names(inputmat)<-c("timef","measf")

I would then like to break the times up into 0.2 increments so the final matrix would look like this:
timef measf
0.2  <mean of meas where (time >=0) and (time<0.2)>
0.4
.
.
.
1.0

Instead of measf being the mean, it could be the last measurement taken.