[R] histograms and for loops

wwreith reith_william at bah.com
Fri May 6 19:11:12 CEST 2011

The following code works mostly. It runs fine but...

1. Is there a way to increment the xlab for each graph? I would like to have
Graph 1, Graph 2, etc. Right now it just gives me Graph i over and over
again.

2. Is there a way to get the x-axis and y-axis to be bold or at least a
darker color? Right now it is light gray.

3. Is there a way to modify this code to automatically save them? I assume
the answer is do it manually. This is not the most important.

for(i in 1:12){
hist(zNort1[,i], freq=FALSE, xlab="Graph i", col="blue", main="Standardized
Residuals Histogram", ylim=c(0,1), xlim=c(-3.0,3.0))
zNortmin<-min(zNort1[,1])
zNortmax<-max(zNort1[,1])
zNortmean<-mean(zNort1[,1])
zNortsd<-sd(zNort1[,1])
X1<-seq(-3.0, 3.0, by=.01)
lines(X1, dnorm(X1, zNortmean, zNortsd) , col="black")
}