[R] Syntax for iter.max in rms

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sun May 8 20:20:51 CEST 2011

The option `iter.max' should be an element of the Control list.  If you read the help file carefully, you would have noticed this.  So, try this:

f <- bj(Surv(ftime, stroke) ~ rcs(age,5) + hospital, link='identity', control=list(iter.max=200), x=TRUE, y=TRUE)

Identity link is challenging to fit computationally.  Try setting `trave=TRUE' to see the convergence of the parameters.

f <- bj(Surv(ftime, stroke) ~ rcs(age,5) + hospital, link='identity', control=list(iter.max=200, trace=TRUE), x=TRUE, y=TRUE)

Ravi.