[R] Summarising by group

peter dalgaard PDalgd at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:25:33 CEST 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 11:12 , Martyn Byng wrote:

> I wonder if someone with more experience than me on using R to summarise
> by group wants to post a reply to this

Not really (but how did those people manage to overlook by()?). However, another matter

PLEASE DO NOT BE SO B***DY LAZY AND START A NEW TOPIC AS A REPLY TO SOMETHING COMPLETELY UNRELATED.

Those of us with threading mail clients, will see your post as part of the thread

"maximum likelihood convergence reproducing Anderson Blundell 1982 Econometrica R vs Stata"

and, at least with Mac OSX's Mail, the header of the entire thread is now "Summarising by group".

Peter D.