[R] Recompile a package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed May 11 11:15:03 CEST 2011

1. Upgrade to a recent version of R.
2. download the whole source package and untar it
3. change the files
4. R CMD build it
5. R CMD INSTALL it

For more details see the manual R Installation and Administration as
well as Writing R Extensions if the Fortran changes are not trivial or
you need other details for applying changes.

Uwe Ligges