[R] Dotplot (package Hmisc) with groups: colours and symbols

Hugo Mildenberger Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de
Wed May 11 15:47:26 CEST 2011

Hello Esther,

you left out the ellipsis argument (...) to the panel function.
That argument serves a placeholder for the rest of the parameters
you did not want to name and pass explicitely. If you don't pass the
ellipsis to panel.Dotplot, all unnamed parameters will get default
values. You can see these defaults by typing panel.dotplot or
edit(panel.dotplot) on the command line.

Dotplot( site~Cbind(yield, yield+5, yield-5)|variety,
             groups = year,
             data   = barley,
	     pch    = c(1,2),
	     panel  = function(x,y,...){