[R] Row names and matrixs

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu May 12 05:41:28 CEST 2011

Dear Anonymous/Lindsey Nielsen(?):

While it would not be hard to answer your questions, given your
admitted lack of programming or R experience, approaching your
ignorance piecemeal in this fashion does not seem to be a sensible way
to learn either. Instead, please start by reading the "Introduction to
R" tutorial that comes with the software and working through its
examples carefully. More than likely, this will get you well on your
way and also allow you gain access to many more or R's capabilities.
If you analyze data as part of your career, you won't regret this
investment.  You will also be able to use R's native Help system and
search capabilities, which much of the time will provide you the
information you need to solve your difficulties.

After you have done this, you should also be able to seek the help of
this list more effectively when you are stumped (as most of us are
from time to time), thus wasting both less of both your time and ours.

Cheers,
Bert