[R] R won't start keeps crashing

Bazman76 h_a_patience at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 16:24:12 CEST 2011

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3517669/R_crash.jpg

OK when I click on the .RData file I get the screen above. Also when I start
R from the desktop icon or from select if from programs I get the same
result.

The warning message is in focus and I can not move the focus to the GUI.
When I either click to dismiss the message of click to close it the whole
session shuts down.

So I can not enter the commands you sugested into this corrupt version.

However, when I click on the Canada.Rdata the R session starts and seems to
function normally.

Here are the results of the functions you requested. Not sure if they will
help given that this version is workfing?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United Kingdom.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:

> load("C:/path/to/file")
Error in readChar(con, 5L, useBytes = TRUE) : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In readChar(con, 5L, useBytes = TRUE) :
  cannot open compressed file 'C:/path/to/file', probable reason 'No such
file or directory'

Sorry if I gave you the wrong information previously, just let me know what
you want.